PHOTOSHOP TIPS FOR AVIATION PHOTOGRAPHERS - CREATING A COPYRIGHT WATERMARK
There are several ways to create a copyright. One is to record it as an Action which can then be "played" onto an image:
(1) Create a new action and start recording.
(2) Select the Type tool and type your copyright. Select the Move tool to nudge the text into the desired place.
(3) Select Filter -> Stylize -> Emboss -> OK. Now select the settings that suit you and click OK.
(4) Change the copyright layer mode from Normal -> Linear Light.
(5) Change the copyright layer Opacity to 50%.
(6) Stop recording. This action is now saved and can be played onto any image.
Remember, this copyright action is created for a specific sized image, for example 800 x 533 pixels @72ppi. Therefore if you play this action onto a different sized image the copyright will obviously be of a different size.
Another easy way of creating a simple copyright "stamp" is to use the Brush tool:
* Create a blank document.
* Use the Type tool to type the text of your copyright.
* Use the Crop tool to crop around the text.
* Select Edit -> Define Brush Preset and save.
* Simply click the brush in the place where you want the copyright to appear.
* With this method the size of the text can then be altered to suit different sized images simply by changing the brush size (pixels).